Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Harvard Pilgrim CEO Charles Baker announces bid for governor



By Matt Viser and Andrew Ryan, Globe Staff

Harvard Pilgrim Health Care chief executive Charles D. Baker announced to his staff today that he will leave his job and seek the Republican nomination for governor.

In an internal message sent to Harvard Pilgrim employees, Baker outlined his decision and said that his last day at the company would be July 17.

"I know you know I've given this issue a lot of thought, and in the end, I love working here," Baker wrote in the message. "But I also recognize the terrible financial and operational strain that will face state and local government in the years ahead. I know both sectors pretty well -- better than most, I would say -- and I believe I can bring ideas, energy and leadership to the tasks that face state government in the years ahead."

Full story

No comments: